Sunday, November 16, 2008

What is this I hear? Outlander is being made into a MOVIE???


For any of our book club members or wannabe members... if you didn't already know that the Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon is THE BEST historical fiction EVER written (and therefore the best book series ever written if your favorite genre is historical fiction/adventure).

Now... my dissertation procrastination has led me to some groundbreaking news... there will be an Outlander movie scheduled to begin shooting in 2009.

Apparently there are others out there who are extremely excited about this prospect and there is a ton of speculation among people with ALOT of time on their hands who have proposed casting for various roles... check these out.





Johnny Depp as Jack Randall?
Jude Law as Lord John?
I like Rachel Weiss for Clare - I think it does need to be an English actress.
This Gerard Butler is a Scottish actor (recently stared in 300) who seems to get the most votes: he is hot but is he rugged and big enough to pull off Jamie?

Thoughts???

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm on board with Rachel Weiss as Claire and the Scottish hot guy as Jamie. But I think Jason Isaacs is the clear choice for Black Jack Randall. Johnny Depp is just not villainous enough in my opinion.

Rae said...

Yay for Dawn!! I miss our literary discussions. I am super glad you're joining in the fun. Rest of Bookclub - welcome my dear friend Dawn - we went to grad school together and now she is on internship like me only in New Haven, CT. I miss you! Welcome to the club!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for inviting me to join! While we are on the subject, I'm all for James McAvoy as Roger.

Liz said...

Well, I'm all together unfamiliar with Outlander, and have not historically been a fan of historical fiction, I AM excited about two things right now:
1. New people joining the blog. Hooray for reading! Welcome, Dawn!
2. Commenting in general on the blog. It kinda seems like it's been a bit since we've gotten everyone excited about a topic.
Hooray!
Happy reading, ladies!