Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Eat, Pray, Love - Fini!

Well faithful reader(s), I completed Eat, Pray, Love - yes indeedie. There was a long hiatus with only a few pages left to go... but I am glad that I waited because I found the diamond in the sand:

My favorite line of the whole book: "I was the administrator of my own rescue."

I just love it. I say it over and over... in present tense... "I AM the administrator of my own rescue"... in future tense... "I will always be the administrator of my own rescue." Love it!

It really sums it all up for me... now... let's discuss (preferably over a glass of wine).

1 comment:

Rae said...

Today I had another opportunity to be the administrator of my own rescue. I realized that it is really difficult to communicate that you are being the administrator of your own rescue. People are often unsure of how to respond when they witness others in crisis - they usually jump in trying to help clarify the problem, provide a solution, or just add fuel to the fire with their own unmanaged anxiety. Reviewing my post just now reminded me of why I am a psychologist. I am helpful to people who want to be the administrators of their own rescue.